Bird Park Chandigarh
Chirping Charms: Experiencing the Beauty of Chandigarh's Bird Park
If you are a nature lover and fascinated by birds, then bird park chandigarh is a must-visit place. The Park is a paradise for birdwatchers and photographers, allowing them to witness diverse bird species in their natural habitat. The lush greenery, chirping of birds, and serene ambiance of the Park make it an ideal place to spend a relaxing and refreshing time.
In this article, we will explore the beauty of the bird park in Chandigarh and what it has to offer.
Hey, I’m Vicky, welcome to my little corner of www.travelshunt.com. and I guess this is the place where I tell you about how I’m fixated on investigating the world, meeting astonishing individuals, and getting as lost as conceivable with my camera.
Location and History of Bird Park Chandigarh
The Department of Forest & Wildlife in UT Chandigarh established the Chandigarh Bird Park on 16th November 2021 at Nagar Van, located behind Sukhna Lake in Chandigarh. The exact location of the bird park is in Infront of the Lake Sports Club entry, near Rock Garden of Chandigarh, Sector 1, Chandigarh, 160001. The primary objective of this initiative is to raise awareness among the general public about bird conservation, with a specific focus on educating young people about nature and conservation. The Park is an educational and recreational facility allowing visitors to observe various bird species in their natural habitats.
The Chandigarh Bird Park is a large, well-designed bird enclosure perfect for birds to live and breed. It is a big space that gives each bird enough room to fly, with a height of 58 feet and a total area of approximately 200×150 feet for both land and water birds. The Park has many plants of varying sizes that provide birds with food and shelter. The aviary is designed to allow birds to fly freely and behave naturally. It is expected to be the country’s tallest bird enclosure, and visitors can enjoy watching various bird species in their natural habitat.
- Also Read This: A Walk Through Sukhna Lake – The Heart of Chandigarh
Direction to Chandigarh Bird Park
Bird Park Chandigarh Ticket Prices Details
If you plan to visit Chandigarh Bird Park, knowing the entrance and ticket details is important. Here is a breakdown of the ticket rates for different categories of visitors:
As you can see, the ticket rates for the bird park vary depending on the visitor’s category. Indian visitors are charged Rs. 50/- for the entry ticket. Foreign visitors are charged Rs. 100/-. Children between the ages of 5 and 12 must purchase an entry ticket for Rs.30.
The Park also has a tamed section where visitors can get up close and personal with the birds. The entry ticket rates for the tamed section are Rs. 100/- for Indian visitors, and Rs. 500/- for foreign visitors.
Chandigarh Bird Park Online Ticket Booking
To make the visiting experience more convenient, the Bird Park Chandigarh offers online ticket booking services.
Online ticket booking for Chandigarh Bird Park provides visitors with the advantage of avoiding long queues and ensuring a hassle-free entry into the park. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to book tickets online:
1. Visit the official website of Chandigarh Bird Park or the designated online ticket booking portal.
2. Look for the “Tickets” or “Book Now” section on the website’s homepage.
3. Click on the relevant link to proceed with the ticket booking process.
4. Select the type and number of tickets you require. The park may offer different ticket categories based on age, such as adult, child, or senior citizen tickets.
5. Choose the desired date and time of your visit. Some parks may have specific time slots to manage visitor flow effectively.
6. Verify the ticket details, including the date, time, and number of tickets.
7. Provide the necessary personal details as prompted on the booking form. This may include your name, contact information, and any additional requirements, if applicable.
8. Proceed to the payment section. Select a suitable payment method from the available options, which usually include credit/debit cards, net banking, or mobile wallets.
9. Enter the required payment details and complete the transaction. Make sure to follow any additional security measures, such as OTP verification, if required.
10. After successful payment, you will receive a confirmation of your booking via email or SMS. This confirmation will typically contain a unique booking reference number.
11. Save the confirmation email or note down the booking reference number. This will be required for ticket verification at the park entrance.
12. On the day of your visit, arrive at the Chandigarh Bird Park with your printed or digital ticket. Present your ticket and the booking reference number at the entrance gate for verification.
Don't Miss These Must-See Attractions at the Bird Park chandigarh
- Navgraha Vatika: The Navgraha Vatika is a beautiful garden dedicated to the solar system’s nine planets. Each planet has its section with unique sculptures and landscaping.
Nakshatra Van: The Nakshatra Van is another bird park garden dedicated to the 27 constellations or nakshatras. Each constellation has its section with unique sculptures and landscaping. A journey from Sukhna Lake to Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary: Take a leisurely walk from Sukhna Lake to the Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary, located adjacent to the bird park. This journey will take you through some beautiful natural landscapes and allow you to spot some native wildlife.
Rashi Van: The Rashi Van is a bird park garden dedicated to the 12 zodiac signs. Each zodiac sign has its section with unique sculptures and landscaping.
Small Aviaries Section: The small aviaries section is home to various small birds, such as budgerigars and lovebirds. This section is a great place to get up close and personal with these beautiful creatures.
Large Aviaries: The Chandigarh bird park has two large aviaries – an aquatic aviary and a terrestrial aviary. The aquatic aviary is home to water birds such as ducks and swans, while the terrestrial aviary is home to ground-dwelling birds such as peafowl and pheasants.
Activities Area: The bird park has a designated area where visitors can engage in boating, fishing, and cycling activities.
Cafeteria and Souvenir Shop: The bird park Chandigarh has a cafeteria where visitors can grab a quick bite and a souvenir shop to purchase souvenirs and gifts.
Flora and Fauna
The chandigarh Bird Park is a rich ecosystem that provides a suitable habitat for various bird species. The Park has a diverse range of flora, including trees, shrubs, and bushes, that provides a conducive environment for birds to nest and breed. Some trees in the Park are Gulmohar, Neem, Peepal, and Banyan.
The Park is home to various species of birds, including migratory birds that visit the Park during winter. Some commonly spotted birds in the Park are peafowl, ducks, geese, parrots, and sparrows. The Park also has a large aviary that houses exotic bird species like Macaws, Cockatiels, and Lovebirds.
The Tamed Bird Section (Winged Wonders) is a major attraction of Bird Park Chandigarh. Visitors can interact closely with some of the most beautiful and fascinating birds worldwide. The section is a must-visit for bird lovers and anyone who appreciates the wonders of nature.
Activities to do in the Bird Park Chandigarh
Chandigarh’s bird park offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages. The Park has well-maintained walking trails that allow visitors to explore the Park and observe the birds in their natural habitat. The Park also has a lake that offers boating facilities, providing visitors with a unique perspective of the Park.
The Park has a dedicated play area with swings, slides, and other fun activities for children. The Park also has a cafeteria that serves snacks and refreshments, making it an ideal place for a picnic or a day out with family and friends.
Tips for Visitors
Here are some useful tips for visitors to make the most of their visit to the Bird park:
Carry a camera: The Park is a haven for birdwatchers and photographers, and carrying a camera will allow visitors to capture the beauty of the birds and the Park.
Please wear comfortable shoes: The Park has well-maintained walking trails, and wearing comfortable shoes will make it easier for visitors to explore the Park.
Visit during winters: The Park is home to various migratory birds that visit the Park during winters, including species like Bar-headed Geese, Brahminy Ducks, and Northern Pintails. These birds can also be seen at nearby Sukhna Lake.
Follow park rules: Visitors are advised to follow and not disturb the birds or their habitat.
The Bird Park chandigarh is a treasure trove for nature lovers, birdwatchers, and photographers. The Park provides a peaceful and serene environment that allows visitors to connect with nature and appreciate the beauty of birds. Winter is an ideal time to visit Chandigarh bird park and witness the mesmerizing beauty of these migratory birds while also exploring other popular tourist attractions nearby.