Prashar Lake: The Lake of Crystal
known as Lake of Crystal Prashar Lake a beautiful lake located in the Mandi District of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 8,956ft. This hill station is blessed with all the elements to be on top of the best tourism destinations. Prashar Lake offers visitors tranquility and beautiful views of the Dhauladhar range, Pir Panjal, and Kinnaur mountain ranges.
History of Prashar Lake
Himachal Pradesh is famous for its rich history of beautiful Temples and the Parashar temple is also one of them. king Ban Sen the king of mandi constructed the temple in the 13-14th Century using deodar trees pagoda-shaped temple devoted to Prashar Rishi. It was built by Bhim at the request of Deity Kamrunag. Lake itself got the name from Sage Prashar, who had meditated here in the 13-14th Century.
Prashar Lake Trek is a perfect destination for a spiritual journey and exploring the Himalayan Ranges. Below I will help you with how to do Prashar Lake Trek and where you can start this wonderful trek journey.
Hey, I’m Vicky, welcome to my little corner of www.travelshunt.com. and I guess this is the place where I tell you about how I’m fixated on investigating the world, meeting astonishing individuals, and getting as lost as conceivable with my camera.
Prashar Lake Trek Guide for Beginners
To start the Prashar trek we need to reach first Kantlu. Which takes an estimated 2 hours from Mandi town.
Day 1: Kantlu to Prashar
- Altitude: 6,050 Feet (1,844 m) to 8,900 feet (2,713 m)
- Time Considered: 1 Hours’ Drive by Car or Bus + Trek for 5 hours, Estimated 7.05 kmTrek
- Difficulty: Moderate.
Day 2: Prashar to Kantlu
- Altitude: 8,900 feet (2,713 m) to 6,050 ft (1,844 m)
- Times Considered: 3.5 hours, Estimated 7.7 km
- Trek Difficulty: Easy.
Prashar Lake in Winter:
If you are a winter lover then this is the best destination for you. Throughout the winter temperature goes to a minimum of 0 Degrees and on normal days it’s around 5 to 10 Degrees Celsius.
Best Time to Visit in Prashar Lake:
April May, and September is the best time to visit Prashar and if you are a winter lover then January and February is the best time for you
How to Reach Prashar Lake:
There is a single road for Prashar and It connects Mandi town (Near about 49km) and Kullu City (Near About 64km). The road is a bad condition for the last few kilometers, it offers stunning views of the entire valley Dhauladhar range, Pir Panjal, and Kinnaur mountain ranges.
- By Bus to Prashar Lake: There are a number of Buses routes for mandi to Prashar by HRTC
- Taxi: You can hire a taxi from Mandi (Price starts from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2,000) to Prashar or from Kullu or Manali. If you have a low budget then You can use a shared taxi.
- Train: There is no route for Trains
- Flight: The nearest airport is at Bhunter which is middle of Mandi and Kullu City. But you need to hire a taxi or travel by bus from Bhunter to Prashar Lake
My Travel Experience on Prashar Trek:
Recently I visited Prashar and I captured this beautiful place via my camera. That was such a beautiful experience. I started my journey from Mandi to Prashar. Must watch my Travel vlog.