Saputara Hill Station
Exploring the Serene Beauty of Saputara Hill Station
Saputara Hill Station is a popular tourist destination located in the Dang district of Gujarat, India. It is known for its serene natural beauty, lush green forests, cascading waterfalls, and picturesque landscapes. The Saputara Hill Station offers various attractions, such as the Saputara Lake, the Sunrise and Sunset Points, the Step Garden, the Ropeway, and the Gira Waterfalls, among others. It is also known for its rich tribal culture, delicious local cuisine, and traditional handicrafts. Saputara is an ideal destination for nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and those who seek a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Let's explore the Serene Beauty of Saputara Hill Station.
Hey, I’m Vicky, welcome to my little corner of www.travelshunt.com. and I guess this is the place where I tell you about how I’m fixated on investigating the world, meeting astonishing individuals, and getting as lost as conceivable with my camera.
Why is Saputara Hill Station famous?
Saputara Hill Station is famous for several reasons:
- Natural Beauty: Saputara Hill is known for its scenic landscapes, lush green forests, and cascading waterfalls.
- Adventure Activities: Saputara offers various adventure activities such as trekking, hiking, paragliding, and boating.
- Cultural Heritage: The hill station is home to several tribal communities that have preserved their cultural heritage and traditions, making it a unique experience for visitors.
- Local Cuisine: The local cuisine of Saputara is known for its unique flavors and is a popular attraction for food lovers.
- Shopping Experience: The hill station is famous for its traditional handicrafts, which are a must-buy for tourists.
- Tourist Facilities: Saputara offers a range of accommodation options and tourist facilities, making it a convenient and comfortable destination for visitors
Best time to visit Saputara Hill Station:
The best time to visit Saputara Hill Station is from October to February. It is the perfect time to explore the hill station’s natural beauty, indulge in adventure activities, and witness the local culture and traditions. The weather during this time is pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 8°C to 28°C, which is the winter season in the region.
How to Reach:
Saputara Hill Station can be reached through different modes of transportation:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Saputara is Surat airport, which is around 156 km away. One can hire a taxi from the airport or take a bus to Saputara.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Saputara is Waghai, located around 50 km away. Alternatively, one can also take a train to Bilimora railway station, which is around 112 km from Saputara. One can take a taxi or a bus from either station to the hill station.
- By Road: Saputara is well-connected by road to major cities in Gujarat and Maharashtra. Regular state transport and private buses operate to and from Saputara. One can also drive to Saputara from nearby cities like Nashik, Surat, and Mumbai.
Saputara Hill Station has a rich history and cultural heritage. Saputara The place is believed to have been inhabited by various tribal communities for centuries, including the Bhil, Kunbi, and Warli tribes. Saputara Hill Station is named after the Snake deity, Saputara, who is believed to reside in the region.
In the modern era, the British developed Saputara as a hill station in the early 20th century. The hill station was designed to be a summer retreat for British officials and was later opened to the public. The place has since then grown into a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from all over India and beyond
Nearby Places to visit Saputara Hill Station
There are several places to visit near Saputara Hill Station, including:
- Gira Waterfalls: Located around 50 km from Saputara hill station, it is a popular attraction for its scenic beauty and trekking trails.
- Waghai Botanical Garden: Located around 50 km from Saputara, the Waghai Botanical Garden is home to various plant species and is a must-visit for nature lovers.
- Vansda National Park: Located around 40 km from Saputara, the Vansda National Park is a dense forest area home to several species of animals, birds, and reptiles.
- Wilson Hills: Located around 55 km from Saputara, Wilson Hills is another hill station known for its natural beauty and trekking trails.
All these places can be easily reached by road from Saputara.
Best Hotels to stay at Saputara Hill Station.
Saputara Hill Station has various accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Here are some of the best hotels to stay at Saputara:
- Aakar Lords Inn Saputara: This is a luxury hotel that offers spacious rooms with modern amenities and facilities, including a spa, fitness center, and swimming pool.
- Hotel Anando: This mid-range hotel offers comfortable rooms with basic amenities and facilities, including a restaurant and garden.
- Patang Residency Hotel: This budget hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms with basic amenities, including a restaurant and free parking.
- Shilpi Hill Resort: This resort offers cottages with panoramic views of the hills and valleys. The resort also has a restaurant, swimming pool, and spa.
- Savshanti Lake Resort: This resort offers rooms and cottages with lake views. The resort also has a restaurant, a swimming pool, and indoor games.
- Vaity Ropeway Resort: This resort offers rooms and cottages with views of Saputara Lake and the valley. The resort also has facilities like a restaurant, a swimming pool, and indoor games.
These hotels can be booked online or through travel agents. We recommend booking in advance, especially during peak seasons, to ensure availability.
Saputara Hill Station is a perfect destination for family, friends, and Nature Lovers. So pack your bags and must visit.